Bastian Schweinsteiger will miss tonightâ€™s clash against co-hosts Austria through suspension after a push on Croatiaâ€™s Jarko Leko. The tie will decide who will qualify behind Croatia in second place and go on to play an impressive looking Portugal in the quarter-final.
Two of the injured trio have recovered from knocks picked up in the previous match but Marcell Jansen remains sidelined. Philip Lahm and Lukas Podolski have recovered and will almost definitely keep their starting places, although Podolski is expected to partner Miroslav Klose up front after Mario Gomez failed to make his mark in the opening two matches.
Clemens Fritz will move into full-back to cover for the injured Jansen, although Jansen would have done well to keep his place even if he was fully fit after two poor performances. The likely replacements in midfield will be former Aston Villa player Thomas Hitzlsperger and Werder Bremenâ€™s Tim Borowski.
The only piece of team news for Austria involves their suspended centre-back. After already picking up two yellow cards in this yearâ€™s tournament, Sebastian Prodl will miss the match tonight through suspension. He is likely to be replaced by Austria KÃ¤rnten defender Martin Hiden.
Venue: Ernst Happel Stadion, Vienna
- Carabao Cup Predictions – Round 4
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified