Denmark and Sweden played out each other in a 2-2 draw in the last edition of Euro 2004 to eliminate the Italians on the last matchday of the group stage and the Italians are fearing a similar situation tonight. These are the probable formations for the other game between Holland and Romania which will decide whether Italy will go through or not.
Van der Sar, Robben, Van Persie and Huntelaar will need to be on fire as the Italians are pushing forward to support the Oranje on the final matchday.
Â Holland – Romania
Holland (4-2-3-1): 1 Van der Sar; 12 Melchiot, 3 Heitinga, 14 Bouma, 15 De Cler; 6 De Zeeuw, 8 Engelaar; 11 Robben, 7 Van Persie, 20 Afellay; 19 Huntelaar.
Coach: Van Basten.
Substitutes: 13 Timmer, 16 Stekelenburg, 2 Ooijer, 4 Mathijsen, 5 Van Bronkhorst, 21 Boulahrouz, 10 Sneijder, 17 De Jong, 23 Van der Vaart, 9 Van Nistelrooy, 18 Kuyt, 22 Vennegoor of Hesselink.
Yellow Cards: De Jong, Ooijer.
ROMANIA (4-2-3-1): 1 Lobont; 2 Contra, 4 Tamas, 14 Ghionea, 3 Rat; 8 Codrea, 5 Chivu; 16 Nicolita, 11 Cocis, 10 Mutu; 18 M. Niculae.
Substitutes: 12 Popa, 23 Stancioliu, 13 Sapunaru, 17 Moti, 22 Radu, 7 Petre, 19 Cristea, 20 Dica, 9 Marica, 21 D. Niculae.
Yellow Cards: Chivu, Contra, Mutu, D. Niculae.
Referee: Busacca (Svi).
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach
- Atalanta 2-3 AC Milan: La Dea’s comeback attempt is too late as the Rossoneri impress in Bergamo
- Lille continue resurgence with victory over Marseille
- Morning Mix: United need Conte’s tactical nous, Chilwell gives Chelsea boss a headache
- Liverpool vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups