Denmark and Sweden played out each other in a 2-2 draw in the last edition of Euro 2004 to eliminate the Italians on the last matchday of the group stage and the Italians are fearing a similar situation tonight. These are the probable formations for the other game between Holland and Romania which will decide whether Italy will go through or not.
Van der Sar, Robben, Van Persie and Huntelaar will need to be on fire as the Italians are pushing forward to support the Oranje on the final matchday.
Â Holland – Romania
Holland (4-2-3-1): 1 Van der Sar; 12 Melchiot, 3 Heitinga, 14 Bouma, 15 De Cler; 6 De Zeeuw, 8 Engelaar; 11 Robben, 7 Van Persie, 20 Afellay; 19 Huntelaar.
Coach: Van Basten.
Substitutes: 13 Timmer, 16 Stekelenburg, 2 Ooijer, 4 Mathijsen, 5 Van Bronkhorst, 21 Boulahrouz, 10 Sneijder, 17 De Jong, 23 Van der Vaart, 9 Van Nistelrooy, 18 Kuyt, 22 Vennegoor of Hesselink.
Yellow Cards: De Jong, Ooijer.
ROMANIA (4-2-3-1): 1 Lobont; 2 Contra, 4 Tamas, 14 Ghionea, 3 Rat; 8 Codrea, 5 Chivu; 16 Nicolita, 11 Cocis, 10 Mutu; 18 M. Niculae.
Substitutes: 12 Popa, 23 Stancioliu, 13 Sapunaru, 17 Moti, 22 Radu, 7 Petre, 19 Cristea, 20 Dica, 9 Marica, 21 D. Niculae.
Yellow Cards: Chivu, Contra, Mutu, D. Niculae.
Referee: Busacca (Svi).
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho
- Euros ’84: Michel Platini – a lead violin in a sophisticated string quartet
- Manchester City not interested in selling Ilkay Gundogan