Nikica Jelavic will arrive in Glasgow this evening and have a medical at Murray Park tomorrow after a long battle to secure his signature.
Rangers and Rapid Vienna finally agreed a £4m fee for the Croatian international who refused to play for Rapid Vienna against Aston Villa in the Europa League this evening. For Jelavic to play in the Champions League, the Gers will be hoping Aston Villa knock out the Austrians as Jelavic has already featured for Rapid in Europe this evening.
Bain told the official website: “We have agreed a fee with Rapid for Nikica Jelavic and we have agreed personal terms in principle. He will arrive tomorrow when we will hope to complete these and when he will undergo a medical.”
Jelavic will become Rangers’ third signing of the summer following James Beattie and Vladimir Weiss to Ibrox. It also appears Rangers will be looking to add another 1 or 2 players to the squad following the three new additions.
If signed tomorrow, Jelavic could feature on Sunday against Hibs.
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco