Barcelona are reportedly interested in signing midfielder Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barca have contacted the Italian outfit for an update about the 23-year-old’s future at the club.
The former AC Milan player earned rave reviews for his performances at the European Championships this summer.
He made five appearances for Italy in the prestigious competition, helping them win the trophy.
The midfielder’s amazing performances have attracted the attention of several big clubs, including Arsenal and Juventus.
And now Barcelona have also been linked with a move for the Italy international.
The Catalans have been scouring the market for a midfielder this summer but have not been able to sign a player for that role yet.
They looked close to bringing in Georginio Wijnaldum before Paris Saint-Germain snapped up the 30-year-old.
Miralem Pjanic failed to make an impact at Camp Nou after his arrival from Juventus in a deal worth €60 million last summer.
Philippe Coutinho could also leave the club in this transfer window.
It is understandable that the Catalans are looking to sign Locatelli who is known for his vision, technique, passing, and dribbling skills.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide