This season Bayer Leverkusen finished 3rd in Bundesliga, 1 point behind 2nd placed Borussia Dortmund. Stefan Kiessling was their stand out performer. Bayer scored a total of 65 goals and he was responsible for 38% of Bayer’s goals. With 25 goals in 34 matches he was Bundesliga’s top goalscorer ahead of Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski. He not only scored goals but also provided 7 assists for the team mates.
Kiessling is a youth product of FC Nuremberg. He joined Bayer in the summer of 2006. With his aerial duels & finishing, he emerged as a complete forward.
Kiessling made his International debut for Germany in a friendly against Denmark on 28 March 2007. He made up Germany squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup and appeared twice as a sub. Since then he disappeared from International football. For most of his life he lived in the shadows of Klose & Gomez but at the age of 29 he is set to return to International scene.
Kiessling has expressed his desire to play in Premier League and both Manchester City & Chelsea are looking for a quality striker but no one has approached the striker officially. He is a real team player with a very good disciplinary record and his proficiency at goal makes him a real contender to meet their needs.
Currently he is having the time of his life with Bayer. The arrival of Pep Guardiola has made Bayern Munich a pre-season favorite but he can help Bayer to finish in the top three once more. Manager Sami Hyypia knows his importance for the club he is serving since 2006 & can’t afford to lose him because he is inimitable.
Kiessling truly is the clock that keeps Bayer ticking & only time will decide the fate of German striker.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona