La Liga giants Barcelona could be forced to sell Frenkie de Jong due to financial reasons, and if that happens, then Bayern Munich are reportedly ready to sign the 23-year-old.
The talented midfielder joined the Catalans in 2019 in a deal worth €75million, with Barca beating interest from the likes of Manchester City, PSG and the Bavarians to secure his services.
He has also been a regular for the Spanish side, with the midfielder racking up 15 appearances in all competitions this campaign so far. He also earned 42 appearances in all competitions during his first season at the club, scoring two goals and creating four assists.
However, the Camp Nou side have been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic and that’s why they could be forced to sell the 23-year-old.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Bayern are interested to secure the services of De Jong if the La Liga side are forced to move on the player from Catalunya.
The Bundesliga giants wanted to sign the talented midfielder after his incredible performances at Ajax where he racked up 89 appearances, scoring six goals and creating 13 assists. However, the Netherlands international opted to join Barcelona instead.
De Jong has reportedly signed a new deal with the Catalans several weeks ago that will keep him at the club through 2026, and his new release clause is said to have risen to €400 million.
However, the Bavarians are not likely to meet the full clause and would likely attempt to lessen the fee with Barca.
- The most valuable football clubs: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich
- Social media boycott is well-meaning but ineffective in fighting racist abuse
- Tactical Analysis: Manchester United’s encouraging victory over Tottenham Hotspur
- Bouncing back to the Premier League: Why Norwich City’s imminent promotion is more impressive than meets the eye
- Liverpool vs Aston Villa – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- NUST Make Big Plea To Own Stake In Their Beloved Club
- From hero to zero: Tony Mowbray under the cosh as Blackburn Rovers slide into trouble
- Champions League Recap: Mbappe shines again, Mount silences the doubters, more misery for Liverpool, more refereeing controversy
- Arsenal Defender Kieran Tierney Out For Up To Six Weeks With Injury
- Rio Ferdinand praises Man Utd-linked Sergio Ramos