Chelsea will face Atletico Madrid in the last 16 of the Champions League while Barcelona will encounter last season’s beaten finalists Paris Saint-Germain.
Elsewhere, reigning champions Bayern Munich will meet Lazio, Serie A giants Juventus will face Porto and Real Madrid must overcome Atalanta to proceed to the next round of the competition.
Of the three English clubs, Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City will be the happiest as they are drawn against Borussia Monchengladbach who barely managed to make to the knockouts ahead of Shakhtar Donetsk and Inter Milan.
On the other hand, Chelsea and Liverpool will meet tough opponents in the round of 16. Frank Lampard’s side will have to beat Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid who knocked out the Reds last year.
Jurgen Klopp’s side are unlikely to find RB Leipzig an easy team as the German side recently dumped Manchester United out of the group stages after claiming a 3-0 victory at the Red Bull Arena.
The standout contest will see Ronald Koeman’s Barcelona with Paris Saint Germain who came very close to winning the European crown last season but ultimately lost the final to the Bavarians.
Football fans will get to see six-time Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi against his former teammate Neymar.
The first leg ties will be played on 16th/17th February and 23rd/24th February, while the second leg ties will be played on 9th/10th March and 16th/17th March. You will be able to follow coverage of all Champions League knockout games via MediaReferee.com, and we will have the draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals once that draw is made on 19th or 22nd March.
Champions League last-16 draw in full:
Borussia Monchengladbach vs Man City
Lazio vs Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea
RB Leipzig vs Liverpool
Porto vs Juventus
Barcelona vs PSG
Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund
Atalanta vs Real Madrid
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season