Manchester United did it! They came out on top in a potentially tricky encounter against Wigan Athletic today, to win their 17th Premiership title. 10 of these titles were won with the mighty Sir Alex Ferguson at the helm.
The goals in the 2-0 win over the Latics came from Ronaldo (penalty) and Giggs, who equalled Sir Bobby Charlton’s appearance record by making a substitute appearance in this game. In the game that was being played at the same time at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea could only manage a draw against Bolton, obviously affected, or rather devastated, by the news that Man Utd were 2-0 up at Wigan. There was nothing Chelsea could do in such situation. The Red Devils had a significantly higher goal difference, which meant that Chelsea had nothing to lose by giving away their advantage.
All the Manchester United players are now looking forward to the UEFA Champions League Final where they have a great chance of coming out on top again against the Blues.
Fergie’s comments were:
“I am very proud to have survived so long but I am at a great club which makes it easier for me than the rest”
“This side is young. There is plenty left in them.”
- Morning Mix: Leeds will come good, Villa showing there is life after Grealish
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions