Of course they want him,’cause he’s one of the greatest in the world…
As Roman AbramoviÄ looks to reorganise the squad at the end of the current season,Xavi is reported to be a target for the Blues. Xavi is on their target since Jose Mourinho’s time in the club,as he was aware of his greatness from a young age (Mourinho worked with Louis van Gaal at Barcelona).While the 28-year-old has a contract at BarÃ§a until 2010, his buy-out clause for foreign clubs stands at â‚¬60 million and at â‚¬150 million for any interested clubs in Primera.That amount would still prove to be way too much for Chelsea, but they could hope to tempt Xavi with a jump in salary and four-year deal at Stamford Bridge.One major obstacle to the whole operation could be Xavi’s desire to spend his entire career at Camp Nou, a point he made clearly when signing a contract extension in 2005.The news that Chelsea could be interest also comes at a time when Xavi is angling for a new deal and any interest from other clubs could help in his negotiations.BarÃ§a would have to raise his salary to prevent the player from being tempted by other offers and also put a lifetime contract on the table that would keep him at the club for at least another four seasons.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona