Football website Caught Offside has linked Manchester United with Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi and claims that the Red Devils will make a bid for his services in January when the winter transfer window opens. Sir Alex Ferguson is known to be generally reluctant to conclude any January business, but if the right deal comes along to bring the Italian to Old Trafford and strengthen the club’s midfield, the website believes United would take it. One key issues would be De Rossi’s inability to play any part of the second phase of the UEFA Champions League as he is already cup-tied after appearing for Roma.
The website argues that the midfielder is looking elsewhere for football as his side Roma started the season badly. Last season, Roma finished runners-up in Serie A but the first six matches of the 2010/11 season have been very disappointing. The team drew 0-0 against Cesena, lost heavily by 5-1 to Cagliari, drew 2-2 against Bologna, lost 2-1 against Brescia, won 1-0 against Champions Inter, and lost 2-0 against Napoli in the Derby del Sole. This is De Rossi’s ninth season at Roma, five of which he helped them rank runners-up, and the website reports that he is set to look for a new challenge. De Rossi is a powerfully built player and would help United retain possession. Whether reports are to be believed and whether this move would someday materialise, remain to be seen, especially when Manchester City and Chelsea are also suitors for the player. It is estimated that the midfieler has a value of around £26 million.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan