The first round match against Catania ended a 1-1 draw with Del Piero netting a penalty on the stroke of the 90th minute and the return match was pretty much the same. Catania took the lead in the second minute of second half and even though Juve had far more better chances and possesion of the ball, Catania managed to score first with Martinez’s belly goal. He literally fell on the ball and with a touch of his belly, pushed the ball into the net. Lucky action for Catania.
Juve had a memorable game though as nearly each player wearing the black and white stripes produced a memorable performance, they just were slightly unlucky upfront. Zebina’s overlaps together with his skills impressed everyone again and some slick action from Juve’s fenomeni David and Alex was just struck by some bad luck. Just before the stroke of 90 minutes came Del Piero’s goal that saved Juve’s blushes of facing a two consecutive losses to “small” teams after last week’s defeat to Siena.
Yet Juve nevertheless could have on paper condemned the Sicilian side to second division football next season, as Catania face Roma in their last fixture of the season. With Inter only drawing against Siena, Roma are just a point away from current league leaders and they can be crowned champions if Inter fail to win at Parma in the last encounter.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 4: Preview & Predictions
- Morning Mix: Salah is living in fantasy land, Niguez signing boosts Chelsea’s title hopes
- Football Today: Games to Watch on September 4, 2021