Raymond Domenech has chosen the most unpredictable way to propose to his girlfriend Estelle Denis. While being interviewed, by M6, the TV Channel that Estelle works for, Domenech asked for his girlfriend’s hand in marriage. This proposal came in the interview just after France’s loss to Italy, and the deserved exit from Euro 2008.
“The only thing I am thinking of now is getting married to Estelle. I asking her for her hand in marriage.” – Raymond Domenech on M6
After this interview, Domenech was asked about why he chose this momeent to propose to Estelle, and he said that it was just a thought that occurred to him, and that he wanted to show his love emotions even in this difficult moment for France.
“It was just a thought. Everyone was so sad and I thought to myself, ‘Life has its beautiful moments’.”
“You have to tell people you love them. In such difficult moments, you have to go to what’s important. I wanted to show some emotion.”
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race
- Europa League Semi-Finals Recap: Fernandes steps up in a big game, Emery returns to haunt Arsenal