This man continues to surprise me with the outbursts he make. First he had said that Trezegeut was not chosen because of stars, horoscopes or what… Now the French ‘sacked’ boss complains about how the ref spoiled the match for France and sent Italy through. Italy dominated France from first to last and the only times France looked dangerous, Buffon made it clear they had no chance of spoiling his clean sheet. Sour grapes from Domenech as he did not acknowledge the Italians’ deserved victory.
“A catastrophic night in which we lost a striker after 10minutes and a penalty was conceded in an absolute confusing decision from the referee. It was not a foul and it was just a way to give the Italians the match.”
Domenech is likely to get the sack after managing to get the World Cup finalists into the bottom position of the Group of Death picking up just one point scoring one goal and conceding six. France never looked like of being the team to beat in Group of Death and eventhough Italy started clumsy against Holland I see Italy having a good chance of beating Spain and advancing to probably face the same Holland side. We could be on our way to a rematch here, though let’s not look too ahead of ourselves, first Spain and they are one huge problem.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona