John Terry is still out and Ashley Cole is missing with a hamstring injury, so Fabio Capello will most likely look to Matthew Upson who deputised in defence for Terry against Kazakhstan and Wayne Bridge to replace Cole, whilst Rio Ferdinand will again most likely stand in as captain.
Boss Capello has warned that Belarus will be tough opposition and it will not be an easy game: “Belarus is a very good team and it will not be an easy game,” he said. “They drew with Argentina and Germany. It will be a very, very tough game… I spoke with the players and said it is very, very important.”
This is England’s last qualifier of 2008, England game against Belarus tonight will be shown on Setanta Sports as will the away games against Kazakhstan and Ukraine in 2009. World Cup 2010 qualification rivals Ukraine and Croatia drew on Saturday, wihch allowing England to move clear at the top of their group. In other England news the u21’s drew with Wales 2-2 to qualify for next summer’s European Championship finals, with a 5-4 aggregate win.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan