This hasn’t been officially revealed by the English FA yet, but the national side will face Mexico at Wembley on May 24th as the final warm up game before leaving the UK for the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa.
Mexico are planning a six match tour that includes games against World Champions Italy and Holland, the tour schedule has been released by the Mexicans and that is why we know about the match already.
England boss Fabio Capello thinks that Mexico are the best possible opponents immediately prior to the World Cup, as coming from the CONCACAF (the same as Group C rivals United States) their play will give the players a guide to what they may face against the USA.
England are also thought to be playing Japan in Austria, as they are expected to be at an altitude training base near the small Austrian town of Irdning. When England make it to South Africa, they will then be at another training base in Rustenburg.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season