This hasn’t been officially revealed by the English FA yet, but the national side will face Mexico at Wembley on May 24th as the final warm up game before leaving the UK for the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa.
Mexico are planning a six match tour that includes games against World Champions Italy and Holland, the tour schedule has been released by the Mexicans and that is why we know about the match already.
England boss Fabio Capello thinks that Mexico are the best possible opponents immediately prior to the World Cup, as coming from the CONCACAF (the same as Group C rivals United States) their play will give the players a guide to what they may face against the USA.
England are also thought to be playing Japan in Austria, as they are expected to be at an altitude training base near the small Austrian town of Irdning. When England make it to South Africa, they will then be at another training base in Rustenburg.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4