The hot topic at the minute is the World Cup, and who Fabio Capello will name in his squad. I am particularly interested in which strikers he will take as the competition for this position is so fierce at this moment. So many English forwards have had fantastic seasons and everyone has a different opinion on who should go to South Africa at the end of the season.
Were it up to me i would take 4 Strikers…
1. Wayne Rooney- This is an obvious one and doesn’t really need any explanation! Key to any success England will have.
2. Jermaine Defoe- Has been as prolific in the second half of the season but I still think he deserves to be on the plane. His pace and powerful finishing is a great asset to the team and I think he would be very dangerous coming off the bench as the other teams start to get tired.
3. Peter Crouch- I am peter Crouch’s biggest fan and think he would prove invaluable to the England squad. He offers something different and would always be an option to come off the bench when we’re running out of ideas going forward. His height is his most obvious advantage but he also has a great touch and could link up well with the midfield. He also has great positioning and can chip in with a few goals.
4. Bobby Zamora- I have a feeling Capello will take Emile Heskey instead of Zamora but I personally think Bobby is the way to go. The man is on fire at the minute and I believe he could continue this at the World Cup. He is quick and strong with a great eye for goal. I think Zamora and Rooney should be the starting partnership as they would work well together and give opposition defences lots of problems as they are such different players.
So who would you take to the World Cup?
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary