UEFA checked this week to what extend is prepared Poland and Ukraine to Euro 2012. The officials from the European federation are convinced that Ukrainians will not be ready with new roads, hotels and airports. According to the Polish newspaper UEFA wants to move the final match or even the whole tournamnet to Poland.
UEFA is also considering playing both semi-finals in Poland and moving all matches of one group to Poland which were supposed to be played in Ukraine.
The head of UEFA Michael Platini is full of worries. “The situation is not as we have planned. The next three months will be vital”, he said. UEFA is worried and it wants to have an emergency exit. “Poland must prepare 8 stadions which have to meet specific conditions and then it will be allowed to take over the whole competition”, is written in the Polish newspaper.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho