FRANCE’S players will be €320,000 richer if they win Euro 2012.
That is the reward for victory, although should they fail to reach the quarter-finals, they will get nothing.
Laurent Blanc’s side are under pressure to perform well this summer, following their disastrous outing in South Africa in 2010.
The World Cup winning defender has selected seven Premier League-based players as part of his 23-man squad.
Manchester City and Newcastle United each have two representatives, while Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal have one.
Perhaps surprisingly, 12 players ply their trade in France, despite Ligue 1 recently being named only the sixth best division in Europe.
There are also representatives from players who play in Italy, Spain and Germany.
The 23-man squad:
Cédric Carrasso (Bordeaux)
Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon)
Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille)
Gael Clichy (Manchester City)
Mathieu Debuchy (Lille)
Patrice Evra (Manchester United)
Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal)
Philippe Mexès (AC Milan)
Adil Rami (Valencia CF)
Anthony Réveillère (Olympique Lyon)
Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United)
Alou Diarra (Olympique Marseille)
Florent Malouda (Chelsea)
Marvin Martin (Sochaux)
Blaise Matuidi (Paris Saint-Germain)
Yann M’Vila (Stade Rennais)
Samir Nasri (Manchester City)
Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United)
Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
Olivier Giroud (Montpellier)
Jérémy Menez (Paris Saint-Germain)
Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich)
Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille)
See my next blog for my analysis of some of the players to look out for.
Follow me on Twitter: @jonathanl50
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho
- MP calls for independent regulator for English football
- Manchester City willing to offer Raheem Sterling as part of deal for Harry Kane
- Emile Smith Rowe extends his stay at Arsenal by signing new contract
- Morning Mix: No excuses left for United next season, time to get tough with the racists
- Arsenal reach agreement with Brighton for Ben White
- Manchester City striker completes £11m move to Bundesliga club
- Atletico Madrid confirm signing of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese
- Euro 2020 Knockouts Review: Italy’s dramatic success, Switzerland’s battles & much m…