IT is hard to argue Laurent Blanc does not have a wealth of talent at his disposal for Euro 2012.
France are currently on a 21 game unbeaten run, a far cry from their disastrous World Cup campaign under Raymond Domenech.
With Blanc at the helm, the side are now tighter as a unit, looking solid defensively and dangerous going forward.
A 2-0 victory over Serbia last week and a 4-0 win over Estonia tonight (Tuesday) ensures the side will be going into the tournament full of confidence.
Many in France are tipping the side to go all the way, and for now at least, it’s hard to argue with them.
The big question is whether the team will be able to handle these sky-high expectations.
Here’s a look at some of their potential key players:
The Lille right-back has had an excellent season and will be looking to take his form into the Euros. Solid defensively but also a threat going forward, especially workign with Valbuena in front of him.
Had nothing short of an outstanding debut season for Newcastle United. An almost certain starter in central midfield. An excellent tackler but can also create goals and be known to get his name on the scoresheet too.
Perhaps an obvious choice, but he has finally found his footing at Real Madrid and the 24-year-old will be leading the line. He has 13 international goals to his name already and will be relishing the opportunities he will have from the likes of Nasri, Malouda and Ribery. The weight of France is on his shoulders…
Probable starting line-up is a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Lloris; Debuchy, Mexes, Rami, Evra; Cabaye, M’Vila; Nasri, Ribery, Malouda; Benzema.
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho
- MP calls for independent regulator for English football
- Manchester City willing to offer Raheem Sterling as part of deal for Harry Kane
- Emile Smith Rowe extends his stay at Arsenal by signing new contract
- Morning Mix: No excuses left for United next season, time to get tough with the racists
- Arsenal reach agreement with Brighton for Ben White
- Manchester City striker completes £11m move to Bundesliga club
- Atletico Madrid confirm signing of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese
- Euro 2020 Knockouts Review: Italy’s dramatic success, Switzerland’s battles & much m…