Against Spain: Exceptional
Giorgio Chiellini was nearly overlooked in Donadoni’s 23-man list for the European Championship yet it all went extremely well for Giorgio Chiellini, although there was a slight hitch which ultimately went in his favour. The first training session in Austria saw Chiellini making an unlucky tackle on captain Cannavaro who then went on to miss the rest of the tournament due to the injury succumbed from that tackle. Chiellini then saw Italy conceding three goals against Holland in the opening match as Donadoni left him on the bench. Now that was not a good decision..but too late now!Â Against Romania, Chiellini started from the first minute and his precise header went on to give Panucci the simple tap-in to get Italy back in the match. He started off the matches against France and Spain too and what a match did the Juventus defender had against the latter. Spain had numerous chances but Chiellini last ditch tackles proved effective in giving Buffon the clean-sheet during the 120 minutes. Super Giorgio in the Euros! That is great news for more to come from him in the future for Juventus.
Â Chiellini Interview By Juve Channel
24 years old – The Best Of Chiellini
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, Goalscoring Keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview