Italy U-21 coach PierLuigi Casiraghi has stated that Juve rising star Seba Giovinco has had an amazing season with Empoli which has led to his reputation rising wildly. The young Italian national is widely expected to form part of the Italy U-23 Olympics squad and with Casiraghi making such comments, his status in Casiraghi’s squad is nearly 99%.
“He has scored so many incredible goals but most importantly he has silenced his critics by playing spectacularly all season,” Casiraghi told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.
Palermo are believed to be right after Giovinco and tried to swoop him under the Amauri-Juve deal but Juve coach Claudio Ranieri did not let anyone prise his young star away from Turin.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho