Defender Izzy Iriekpen will not be signing a permanent deal with Bristol City.
Gary Johnson signed him on a free after he left Scunthorpe by mutual consent.
Johnson was keen to sign the former West Ham man to a permanent deal, if he had passed the thorough medical the whole squad have been put through in recent days.
With Iriekpen’s results not being wholly satisfactory, Johnson made the decision to let him go.
The Robins manager told bcfc.co.uk, “After Izzy’s medical, and after discussions amongst my staff, we felt it was best he moved on. That’s nothing against Izzy, he was unlucky but we couldn’t guarantee he would be available for the whole season”.
In other news, Peter Styvar has completed his loan move to Greek First Division side Skoda Xanthi. He will spend the whole of the 09/10 season with the side, and they have the option to sign him on a permanent deal wither in January or at the end of next season.
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary