Striker Peter Styvar is leaving Ashton Gate.
The Bristol Evening Post has suggested that the Slovakian, signed from MSK Zilna in January, could be sent out on loan after a disappointing four months in England. His likely destination is Greek First Division side Skoda Xanthi, with talks already in progress.
The newspaper also suggests that a fee will be agreed, with the Greek side presumably having the option to make it a permanent deal at some point.
The 28 year old, signed for a reported £300,000 in the last transfer window, after scoring for Zilna against Aston Villa in the FA Cup. The 28 year-old made just 12 appearances for City, with only 4 starts among them. He failed to score a single goal.
His career in England was initially hampered by his family’s late arrival to England, as well as an illness which sidelined him for 2 weeks, but which the club kept quiet at the time.
With Adebola and Lee Trundle also tipped to leave for pastures new, City will need to sign at least two strikers in the transfer period. Nicky Maynard will be the only first team striker left, with John Akinde still too young and inexperienced for regular inclusion.
Styvar is not the only departure which has been predicted by the press over the past few days. The Daily Star reported on the weekend that Alan Shearer, will move for Robins rightback Bradley Orr, if he remains in charge of the Magpies.
Orr, who signed a new contract after a long period of hesitation last season, was signed from Newcastle back in 2004. He was captain of the club’s reserve team while on Tyneside, so a move back could be tempting especially with Newcastle predicted to go straight back up into the Premier League.
At this point this is just a rumour, so fans of both sides will have to wait until later in the summer to see if any deal goes through.
In other Bristol City news, the club has announced 2 more pre-season friendlies. Gary Johnson will field teams at Weymouth on July 21st and Dorchester on July 22nd.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4