Italy Dominate First Half – Pirlo Nets Penalty, France down 10-men, Grosso hits post, Referee…..
As it stands at half time Italy are through to the quarter-finals as they are leading 1-0 at Zurich. At Berne, Holland have failed a couple of chances to take the lead.
Italy started strongly in the match and up until the 25th minute the match was even…. Up came the 25th minute and France were reduced to 10-man after Abidal was sent off for a foul on Luca Toni and Pirlo stepped up to take the resultant penalty. The World Cup Winner penalty taker sent Italy fans celebrating the scoreline and as it stands Italy are through.
Toni failed numerous chances to put the result past doubts in Zurich but Italy must work hard to keep the result as it is. Grosso hit the post with a superb free-kick. Then started all the fiasco with the Italians starting to dislike the referee. Perotta was fouled from the resultant free-kick or to make it sound better he was down injured. With all the Azzurri signalling Perrotta’s injury, the French players shamefully continued playing with the furious Andrea Pirlo bursting on Benzema getting a yellow card in the process. Later on, just before half-time, Evra went down in the Azzurri box, and as Italy went forward on counter-attack, the ref decides to stop play and get help for the French player and maybe to the French defence too! Well let’s hope he realised his first decision was a mistake and is now acting professionaly. However top-notch match until now and we now hope that Holland score against Romania to put the Italian’s hope higher.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona