POPOPOOOOPOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! – ITALY THROUGH TO QUARTER-FINALS
Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi striked a goal each for the Azzurri to send the Azzurri through to the quarter-finals after seeing off rivals France 2-0. France looked extremely weak and had only a few chances to go. Holland showed their brilliant dominance again as they beat resistent Romania 2-0 in Berne. A break through for the Italians as it all looked finished for them when Romania held them draw and it was all in Holland’s control. Yet there was no doubt that the Azzurri would beat the French today.
De Rossi should take the man of the match having netted a superb free-kick helped by Thierry Henry sending the match beyond doubts. The only possible disappointment would be Luca Toni’s failed chances and the fact that he has not yet opened his scoring account in Austria and Switzerland is somewhat troublesome. 10-men France started the second half on a high but it was all Italy.
A LA MAISON, CHANTED THE FRENCH SUPPORTERS.. Indeed, go Home France
Gattusso and Pirlo will be out of the next match against Spain after both picking up yellow cards against France. Domenech could face the sack while the celebrating Donadoni will remain to guide the Azzurri to victory.
Buffon had his moment to shine again in the match following his penalty save on Mutu, when Benzema’s shot was terrificly saved by the World’s number 1 keeper. Cech was putting in great performances at late but his flop against Turkey showed that he is no all-time great while Buffon is keeping on to show that he nearly never fails. A world class save from Buffon sending Italy on to beat Les Bleus.
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race
- Europa League Semi-Finals Recap: Fernandes steps up in a big game, Emery returns to haunt Arsenal