Jack Grealish notched his first goal for Manchester City as the Citizens claimed an emphatic victory over Norwich City on Saturday.
Pep Guardiola’s side entered this contest on the back of defeats against Leicester City in the Community Shield and Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League.
However, they returned to winning ways by thrashing the newly-promoted team 5-0 at the Etihad Stadium.
The home side took the lead after an own-goal from Tim Krul.
Grealish extended their advantage by smashing a goal from close range.
Aymeric Laporte, Raheem Sterling and Riyad Mahrez also got on the scoresheet in the second half to complete an emphatic victory.
Gabriel Jesus’s performance against the Canaries was especially praiseworthy, with the Brazilian contributing two assists.
Norwich have made a disappointing start to the new campaign in the top-flight.
Liverpool humiliated Daniel Farke’s side by 3-0 at Carrow Road last weekend, and they were completely outclassed by City.
The Canaries will host Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup in midweek before locking horns with Leicester City in the Premier League.
Meanwhile, City will face Arsenal next week at the Etihad.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide