Rangers have confirmed the signing of Nikica Jelavic on a four-year-deal from Rapid Vienna.
The Croatian striker successfully came through a medical after agreeing personal terms with the club after a long, tiring transfer saga.
Rangers had agreed a fee of £4million yesterday with Rapid and are now hoping their application for a work permit will be smooth and quick. Jelavic will not be able to play against Hibs at Easter Road on Sunday but it is hoped that he would have clearance to face St Johnstone at Ibrox on August 28. Failing that, he will make his debut at New Douglas Park on September 11th after the international break.
Jelavic is the third Rangers signing of the summer following James Beattie and Vladimir Weiss to Ibrox.
Rangers fans will be cheering on Aston Villa next Thursday because if Rapid win at Villa Park then Jelavic will not be eligible for the Champions League.
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco