French 23-year-old winger Jeremy Menez wants to join Manchester UNited next summer. Menez currently plays for Italian club Roma in the Serie A and wants to win this division before having the chance to join Manchester United at the end of this season. Menez has spoken of this ambition and of the difficulties he found in establishing himself in the Roma line-up. This is not the first time that the young French players has been linked to Manchester United.
Back in 2003, when he was still a youth player at Sochaux in France and before he signed his first professional contract with the same club in 2004, Manchester United were very interested in him and he travelled to Manchester with the hope of signing for the Red Devils. United were accused by Sochaux of tapping up the player, with reports of a meeting between Sir Alex and Menez’s parents in Paris. Menez had visited the club’s training ground and Old Trafford, before the eventually decided to stay in France and signed the contract with Sochaux. Menez stated that at the time, both Sir Alex and his parents came to the conclusion that it would be best if he stayed at Sochaux and establish himself in less important clubs. Menez’s hope is to have another chance to join Manchester United this summer.
Menez’s comments were given to Ma Chaine Sport:
“We want to win the title. Roma is a hard environment in which to establish yourself, and when I was 15, Ferguson wanted me at Manchester United.”
“Then we decided it was best if I played for less important clubs. In future though I could have another chance with Manchester United.”
Thanks to asromapl, the owner of the above video
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco