French 23-year-old winger Jeremy Menez wants to join Manchester UNited next summer. Menez currently plays for Italian club Roma in the Serie A and wants to win this division before having the chance to join Manchester United at the end of this season. Menez has spoken of this ambition and of the difficulties he found in establishing himself in the Roma line-up. This is not the first time that the young French players has been linked to Manchester United.
Back in 2003, when he was still a youth player at Sochaux in France and before he signed his first professional contract with the same club in 2004, Manchester United were very interested in him and he travelled to Manchester with the hope of signing for the Red Devils. United were accused by Sochaux of tapping up the player, with reports of a meeting between Sir Alex and Menez’s parents in Paris. Menez had visited the club’s training ground and Old Trafford, before the eventually decided to stay in France and signed the contract with Sochaux. Menez stated that at the time, both Sir Alex and his parents came to the conclusion that it would be best if he stayed at Sochaux and establish himself in less important clubs. Menez’s hope is to have another chance to join Manchester United this summer.
Menez’s comments were given to Ma Chaine Sport:
“We want to win the title. Roma is a hard environment in which to establish yourself, and when I was 15, Ferguson wanted me at Manchester United.”
“Then we decided it was best if I played for less important clubs. In future though I could have another chance with Manchester United.”
Thanks to asromapl, the owner of the above video
Latest Football Blogs
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview
- Manchester United vs Villarreal: 2021 Europa League Final Preview