Roma boss Jose Mourinho is interested in signing Daniel Podence from Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
It has been reported that the Portuguese manager tried to secure the services of the 25-year-old while he was at Tottenham Hotspur.
He endured a very difficult campaign with Wolves, with the talented winger scoring only three goals in 24 Premier League appearances.
The Portugal international also remained sidelined for several matches this season due to muscle injuries and groin surgery.
However, Mourinho is an admirer of the player’s abilities and wants to bring him to Rome this summer.
Podence joined Wolves in January 2020 in a deal worth £16.9 million from Olympiacos.
Since his arrival at Molineux, he has clocked up 38 appearances across all competitions, scoring four goals and creating four assists.
Podence is a talented player who is yet to prove his worth for Wolves and a move to Italy may be best for all concerned.
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- Crystal Palace close to signing Lyon defender Joachim Andersen
- Morning Mix: Carragher’s take on Wijnaldum is brainless, Tottenham turning things around
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho