Roma boss Jose Mourinho is interested in signing Daniel Podence from Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
It has been reported that the Portuguese manager tried to secure the services of the 25-year-old while he was at Tottenham Hotspur.
He endured a very difficult campaign with Wolves, with the talented winger scoring only three goals in 24 Premier League appearances.
The Portugal international also remained sidelined for several matches this season due to muscle injuries and groin surgery.
However, Mourinho is an admirer of the player’s abilities and wants to bring him to Rome this summer.
Podence joined Wolves in January 2020 in a deal worth £16.9 million from Olympiacos.
Since his arrival at Molineux, he has clocked up 38 appearances across all competitions, scoring four goals and creating four assists.
Podence is a talented player who is yet to prove his worth for Wolves and a move to Italy may be best for all concerned.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season