Â Trezegeut smiles after scoring his easiest goal of his career.
Juventus beat Parma 3-0 in an easy match hosted at the Olimpico. The opening goal came from a Del Piero corner which lashed across the foot of the post but Trezegeut was there to simply just cross the ball over the line and give Juve the goal they needed. Definitely his easiest goal of his entire career. Juve continued to press forward as Parma looked rather weak, and some style and skill from Palladino gave Juve a 2-0 lead. Palladino bagged in a stunning goal after rounding off the opposing defender then lashing the ball into the net from outside the area.
The second half was to be easier for the Bianconeri as Parma’s Couto was sent off and the Bianconeri went on to score another goal. It was Tiago’s effort that led to the goal but Morrone’s freak deflection put the ball over Bucci and into the net sending Parma fan hopefuls home early.
This match therefore leaves Juventus on 64 points in third place, seven adrift of second placed Roma and eight more on fourth place Fiorentina. Thus with five matches to play, if Roma (and Inter too) lose track of their form, and with Inter still needing to play derby rivals Milan, who are more desperate of a win after their loss to Juve, the Serie A title is far from decided even though Inter look strong at the lead on 75 points.Â 15 points remain available for the teams from the rest of the season and therefore with Juve on 64 and Inter on 75, the scudetto for the Bianconeri is defintely now over however automatic qualification for the group stage of the Champions League may still be their target by pipping Roma into third place.
This years Serie A has been one of the most exciting ever with many teams needing wins to know what will be their destiny next season.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho