French midfielder Lassana Diarra, who is currently training with the national squad for the coming European Championships, has caught interest from several European clubs after his impressing displays for his club. In his career until now, Diarra played for Chelsea and Arsenal, and only joined Pompey last January.
He was one of the factors that helped Portsmouth clinch the FA Cup 2007/08. Also, he is expected to be as much beneficial for his nation as he is for his club. He was chosen by Domenech in the 23-man squad for Euro 2008, after the 30 man provisional squad was trimmed. Diarra is, however, insistent that he will not be moving clubs this summer and that he is very happy at Portsmouth.
“I am fine at Portsmouth, where I have won the cup”
“I am very happy there. At Portsmouth, I have learnt a lot of things, and I am one of the key players.”
“I joined them to play a lot of matches. And I have found what I wanted.” – Lassana Diarra
- Morning Mix: Arsenal boss under pressure, Tuchel proves his worth
- The race for the top four: Will Leicester slip up again?
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five