Liverpool boss Brandon Rodgers has stated that Daniel Sturridge‘s wish to play for Liverpool, as a Central Striker will be approved. This comes just after Liverpool had bought this 23 year old striker from Chelsea at a price of 12 million pounds. It is quite surprising that Luis Suarez who is the major goal scorer for Liverpool (18 goals in all competitions) is the one to switch his position. Personally I think that if Liverpool had not acquired Suarez they would be in the bottom half of the table. Rodgers would like Sturridge to stay in the same position as he was at Chelsea, he also believes that Sturridge will add more power to the Liverpool squad by entering this position. “The principles of your game are based on your players and I think, with Daniel, there are not many quicker so he’ll give us that extra power up there as well.” States Rodgers. Personally I believe this is a good decision that the Liverpool boss has made. According to Rodgers Suarez is okay to play in any other position. “Wherever Luis plays, he will make the same movements and find the space, because he is a world class player.” Said Rodgers. If this is true Liverpool will be a much stronger team; and being just a mere 7 points behind the top four they may have to chance to reach that position.
Bascombe, Chris. “Liverpool Leading Scorer Luis Suarez to Shift Position as £12m Signing Daniel Sturridge Is Granted Central Role.” The Telegraph, 3 Jan. 2013. Web. 3 Jan. 2013. <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9779372/Liverpool-leading-scorer-Luis-Suarez-to-shift-position-as-12m-signing-Daniel-Sturridge-is-granted-central-role.html>.
Maddock, David. “LiverpoolRed Alert: Suarez Will Have to Move to Make Room for Sturridge Says Liverpool Boss.” Mirror Football, 3 Jan. 2013. Web. 03 Jan. 2013. <http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-luis-suarez-will-move-to-let-daniel-1516948>.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season