After Niko KranjÄar, Eduardo da Silva and Vedran Ä†orluka, another Croatian young player is going to play in one of the best football leagues in the world, English Premiership. In the last months, Luka ModriÄ‡ was connected with the greatest teams in the world – Barcelona,Real Madrid,Manchester United,Manchester City,Arsenal,Chelsea,Newcastle… Today morning it was finally confirmed that he is going to leave Dinamo Zagreb this summer, for a fee believed to be â‚¬20m (according to English newspapers) or â‚¬23m (according to Croatian newspapers).
The agreement was reached between the MamiÄ‡ brothers and Tottenham Hotspur in the night from Friday to Saturday. Both clubs, Luka’s current (Dinamo Zagreb) and his future (Tottenham Hotspur) announced it on their web-sites. ModriÄ‡ is already on his way to London, where he will be introduced to his future teammates and undergo medical test on Sunday, after which will be the official signing of the 5-year-deal which will bring around Â£50,000 weekly to Luka. He must also obtain a work permit but that should be a formality as he is a regular in the Croatia national team.
The 22-year-old is returning to Zagreb on Monday because he still has obligations to Dinamo until the end of the season. His comment: “For sure this is relief.I’m happy that everything is finally over and that I’m going to such a great club. I wasn’t present at the negotiations, but I was notified about everything.”
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan