Manchester City have been heavily linked with a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane this summer.
They reportedly made a £100 million bid to secure the services of the England international but that was turned down by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
However, the Citizens still look very determined to sign the phenomenal striker whose current contract is set to expire in 2024.
According to French publication L’Equipe, Pep Guardiola’s side are ready to offer Raheem Sterling as part of a deal for the 28-year-old.
Riyad Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and Bernardo Silva have also been mentioned as possible makeweights in the deal.
It is a little surprising to see the names of some of these players as they played an important role in City’s success last season.
Mahrez contributed 23 goals in 48 appearances across all competitions, while Silva smashed 14 goals in 45 games.
Sterling wasn’t very impressive for Pep’s team, especially during the later stages of the season.
However, he was spectacular for England at the European Championships, making seven appearances and contributing three goals in the Three Lions’ run to the final.
Kane is a world-class striker who is known for his goalscoring prowess and ability to link play – any club in the world would love to sign him.
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- Crystal Palace close to signing Lyon defender Joachim Andersen
- Morning Mix: Carragher’s take on Wijnaldum is brainless, Tottenham turning things around
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho