Manchester City have been heavily linked with a move for Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane this summer.
They reportedly made a £100 million bid to secure the services of the England international but that was turned down by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
However, the Citizens still look very determined to sign the phenomenal striker whose current contract is set to expire in 2024.
According to French publication L’Equipe, Pep Guardiola’s side are ready to offer Raheem Sterling as part of a deal for the 28-year-old.
Riyad Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and Bernardo Silva have also been mentioned as possible makeweights in the deal.
It is a little surprising to see the names of some of these players as they played an important role in City’s success last season.
Mahrez contributed 23 goals in 48 appearances across all competitions, while Silva smashed 14 goals in 45 games.
Sterling wasn’t very impressive for Pep’s team, especially during the later stages of the season.
However, he was spectacular for England at the European Championships, making seven appearances and contributing three goals in the Three Lions’ run to the final.
Kane is a world-class striker who is known for his goalscoring prowess and ability to link play – any club in the world would love to sign him.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak