It was Arsenal’s time to step up and get one step closer to winning a trophy this season but it wasn’t to be. Arsenal took the advantage early in the game scoring in the 13th minute of the boot of Diaby but Liverpool were back in the game 15 mins later. Liverpool sent a corner over and some poor marking by Senderous resulted in a nice goal from Sami Hypia a header that hit the post just over Fabergas’s head.
It was 1-1 at half time. Torres scored in the second half and almost had Liverpool throught to the Semi Finals but Adebayor stood up and scored in the 84th minute.
This all came unstuck a minute later with Toure giving away a penalty with Gerrard converting from the spot. Arsenal pressed for a equilizer but couldn’t get one and Liverpool scored on the counter once again with Arsenal just pressing too hard.
Aggrerate Score 5-3 Liverpool. The Semi Finals are Liverpool v Chelsea and Barcalona v Manchester United.
Teams for the game were:
Theo Walcott 72
Robin Van Persie 72
Subs not used
Ryan Babel 78
John Arne Riise 87
Alvaro Arbeloa 90
Subs not used
Referee: Peter Frojdfeldt
For full match report visit: www.arsenal.com
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach