Michael Owen’s England career could be over after England boss Fabio Capello left the 28-year-old out of his 23-man squad for England’s World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Belarus. For the last international games Capello left out Owen believing his wasn’t match fit, since then though Owen has play ninety minutes in each of Newcastle’s last six games, scoring three times. Newcastle’s Premier league form looks to have potentially ended the strikers international career, at least for now.
Other news from the squad sees Steven Gerrard return after injury and Peter Crouch and Shaun Wright-Phillips earning recalls.
England play Kazakhstan at Wembley Stadium on Sat 11th October and travel to Belarus on Wed 15th Oct for the FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group Six fixtures, the full squad for the games is:
Goalkeepers: James (Portsmouth), Green (West Ham), Carson (West Brom)
Defenders: Brown (Manchester United), Johnson (Portsmouth), Terry (Chelsea), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Lescott (Everton), Upson (West Ham), A Cole (Chelsea), Bridge (Chelsea)
Midfield: Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Walcott (Arsenal), Barry (Aston Villa), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Downing (Middlesbrough), Wright-Phillips (Manchester City)
Forwards: Heskey (Wigan), Crouch (Portsmouth), Rooney (Manchester United), Defoe (Portsmouth)
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala