It’s Sunday again which means it’s time for ‘Morning Mix’ – our weekly football column with some top-class music thrown into the pot.
We look at two talking points from the past week and point you in the direction of some of the best football writing elsewhere on the internet.
We also offer a top tune recommendation to get you in the mood for Sunday and a final thought to ponder for the week ahead.
Nuno must make massive Kane call
Tottenham Hotspur fans finally lost patience with Harry Kane yesterday as the striker ambled around for 90 minutes against Manchester United.
Kane has scored just once in the Premier League this season and barely raised a sweat as Spurs were swept aside by the Red Devils.
Nuno Espirito Santo defended Kane after the game, but whether he actually believed the words coming out of his mouth is another matter.
If Nuno has any sense, he’ll stick Kane in the stands until he gets his head out of his backside. Pick someone prepared to bust a gut for the team.
Arsenal should stick with Tavares
Arsenal’s decision to pay around £7 million on Nuno Tavares may prove to be the best bit of business done by a Premier League club last summer.
Tavares stepped in seamlessly for Kieran Tierney against Aston Villa last weekend and followed up with an assured performance at Leicester City yesterday.
The 21-year-old is solid defensively, provides a threat going forward and doesn’t appear to have Tierney’s annoying tendency of conning referees.
Given that the former Celtic defender’s injury record suggests he is made of glass, Arsenal would be well advised to make Tavares their first-choice left-back.
The week that was
Searching for the best football stories from the past seven days? Check these out:
- Manchester United must finally dump Fergusonism and make a clean break.
- When Rangers nearly conquered Europe.
- Barcelona and Xavi: Too much, too soon or a match made in heaven?
Today’s top tune
Asking Alexa to play Halloween songs this morning sent us down a weird and wonderful road of freaky music.
What wasn’t expected was a hidden classic from Dundee-based indie band The View entitled ‘Witches’. Enjoy!
A final thought
Brentford’s 3-1 defeat at Burnley yesterday was their third in a row. With injuries mounting up, 8/1 to be relegated looks way too big.
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala
- Man City vs Real Madrid highlights European action in midweek
- Lazio vs Milan Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Arsenal vs Manchester United: Everything you need to know
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Preview & Major Transfer Updates
- Sports News roundup: Man Utd chase Pogba successor, Chelsea takeover and Salah’s future at Liv…
- FIFA 23: Everything we know so far