It’s Sunday again which means it’s time to roll out ‘Morning Mix’ – our weekly football column with some music thrown in for good measure.
We look at two talking points from the past week and point you in the direction of some of the best football writing elsewhere on the internet.
We also offer a top tune recommendation to get you in the mood for Sunday and a final thought to ponder for the week ahead.
Stop whining Klopp
“If you like that sort of thing, watch wrestling.” Jurgen Klopp there, getting a little uppity after Burnley dared to put in few physical challenges at Anfield yesterday.
This is not the first time the Liverpool manager has whined unnecessarily in post-match press conferences, and it is getting extremely tiresome.
Klopp had the temerity to mention that delicate flowers Virgil van Dijk and Joel Matip had been on the receiving end of rough tactics. Diddums.
Mike ‘Mr Yellow Card’ Dean didn’t see fit to book anyone during the game. Two games in and Klopp is already spouting nonsense. It’s going to be a long season.
Celtic turnaround is remarkable
Last season was a disaster for Celtic, with the club failing miserably in their attempt to win a tenth successive Scottish Premiership title.
Ange Postecoglou’s appointment as manager this summer wasn’t universally welcomed, but he already appears to have things heading in the right direction.
Their midweek victory over AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League was hugely impressive, with the team producing a swashbuckling performance.
If Celtic can add more depth to their squad before the transfer window closes, they could mount a serious challenge to Rangers in Scotland this season.
The week that was
Looking for the best football stories from the past seven days? Check these out:
- Arsenal fans need Arteta to work out what he is trying to do.
- As opportunities shrink, Premier League prospects choose to sink or swim.
- Romelu Lukaku’s Chelsea role under Thomas Tuchel.
Today’s top tune
Singer-songwriter Torrin recently received a huge push after being asked to support indie legends James on their return to live action in Oxford.
The teenager delivered a polished performance, expertly mixing cover versions with original compositions to demonstrate her talent.
Her debut single Picture Frame is a tribute to her mum, who she lost a few years ago. Check it out – it’s just over three minutes of sheer brilliance.
A final thought
With three relegations on his CV, Arsenal have taken a massive risk by signing Aaron Ramsdale.
The 23-year-old flaps more than a flappy thing with loads of flappy things on it. He’s a disaster waiting to happen.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide