Two o’clock kick off at the stadio Luigi Ferraris saw mid-table Genoa take on top of the table Milan. Allegri decided to start with three up top in Ibrahimovic, Pato and Robinho. A midfield of Gattuso, Van Bommel and Flamini. While Oddo, Silva, Yepes and Bonera made up the defence.
Neither side look particulary threathing from the start, but without doing much Pato put Milan in the lead with twenty minutes gone. A mistake by Dario Dainelli let Ibrahimovic though. The Swede delayed, but eventually squared it to Pato who finished it with ease.
Cassano and Emanuelson both started on the bench. On the opposite bench was ex-Milan player Kakha Kaladze. It looked as though Milan would see the first half out, but for Floro Flores. A free kick came back off Van Bommel and Flores pounced to make it one-one. The second half was dominated by counter attack after counter attack. Milan suddenly woke up and put some pressure on Eduardo but to no avail. One-one the final score, Genoa manager Davide Ballardini was happy saying:
“We battled and played a great game today. Considering the quality of opposition we were up against this afternoon this point is very important to us,”
Allegri was concerned, he knows Napoli are closing in. If Milan lose to Parma next week and Napoli win they will go top.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak