Karel Bruckner the manager of the Czech national team is said to be in talks with Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved about getting him back in to the team for the European Championships this summer. Nedved ended his international career after the 2006 World Cup in Germany, but pressure is growing for the 2003 European Footballer of the Year to make a comeback at Euro 2008.
Chelsea and Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Cech told the Dnes newspaper: “Pavel is part of the team, he’s always made an important contribution to it. We’re in real need of a player with such experience and blessed with such skills. Nedved has 18 goals from 91 caps to in internationals for the Republic.
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, Goalscoring Keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview