Hearts look set to offer Romanian starlet Dumitru Copil a new 5-year deal, despite him going AWOL during last season. The 18-year-old claimed that he was feeling homesick and found it difficult to settle in Edinburgh.
Copil initially signed a two-year deal with Hearts which will come to an end this summer, but should both parties agree, a five year extension will be signed by the youngster. Copil is highly rated by the Hearts youth coaches but they have also questioned his attitude after he became disillusioned at the lack of first team opportunities available to him.
His agent, Adrian Stefanescu, told the Scotsman newspaper: œThe information that we have from Hearts is that the deal seems to be the similar to before. He has just to sign the extension for the next five years. I am hopeful that the deal will go through soon. Of course, Hearts are looking for a new manager and we don’t know what plans he might have. But we know that the coaches at Hearts were happy with the way Dumitru plays and he wants to remain there.”
Vladimir Romanov focused on signing highly rated youth players during his time at Tynecastle but some, for one reason or another, have failed to live up to their potential. Copil was allegedly wanted by Liverpool and Celtic before he joined Hearts but chose a move to Edinburgh thinking first team opportunities would be easier to come by.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season