As the final whistle blew at White Hart Lane, jubilated Newcaste fans let out sighs of relief. Newcaste UnitedÂ triumphed overÂ Tottenham 4-1 and had virtually securedÂ safety from relegation.
Daren Bent opened up the scoring for Tottenham in the 26th minute,Â heading the ball pastÂ Steve Harper. This was preceded by some very strong play by Newcastle, something that has been missing as of late. Nicky Butt equalised for Newcastle right before the half and Geremi put them up 2-1 after scoring from a free kick, off a foul by Jonathan Woodgate. Michael Owen scored his third goal in as many games in the 65th minute, off a nice flick by Viduka and Obafemi Martins scored Newcastle’s fourth goal late in the match.
This leaves Newcastle in 12th place with 35 points and Tottenham in 11th place with 39 points.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan