Hearts yesterday confirmed the signing of Ugandan international David Obua, subject to a work permit and medical. The 22 time capped international was a free agent after his contract ran out at South African side Kaiser Chiefs, can play at either left-back or left midfield and knows manager Csaba Laszlo from the Hungarian’s time as Uganda boss.
Obua, who recently had a trial at West Ham United, will join the 24 players already picked for the pre-season tour of Germany, who flew out yesterday. He is 24 years of age and had spells playing in his homeland, the USA and Mauritius before he signed for Kaiser Chiefs.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona