Hearts yesterday confirmed the signing of Ugandan international David Obua, subject to a work permit and medical. The 22 time capped international was a free agent after his contract ran out at South African side Kaiser Chiefs, can play at either left-back or left midfield and knows manager Csaba Laszlo from the Hungarian’s time as Uganda boss.
Obua, who recently had a trial at West Ham United, will join the 24 players already picked for the pre-season tour of Germany, who flew out yesterday. He is 24 years of age and had spells playing in his homeland, the USA and Mauritius before he signed for Kaiser Chiefs.
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race
- Europa League Semi-Finals Recap: Fernandes steps up in a big game, Emery returns to haunt Arsenal