Levein has gone and not before time. Two disastrous campaigns filled with mismanagement and more than peculiar decisions was enough to finally force the hand of the totally inept blazers at Hampden.
Despite the protestations of his players and Levein’s plea for more time it was the Tartan Army that had the final say and they had enough of another under performing national team boss.
His successor should be decided soon although this is in no way certain under the steward ship of the SFA.
Strachan is favourite with all and sundry but I would choose Scotland’s greatest ever player, Kenny Dalglish
Gordon Strachan – 7/4
Alex McLeish – 8/1
Walter Smith – 10/1
Joe Jordan – 10/1
Owen Coyle – 12/1
Kenny Dalglish – 20/1
Harry Redknapp – 20/1
One thing is for sure: something must be done about Scottish football’s regulatory body as, as an organisation the SFA has been responsible for the near destruction of out national game.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho