Levein has gone and not before time. Two disastrous campaigns filled with mismanagement and more than peculiar decisions was enough to finally force the hand of the totally inept blazers at Hampden.
Despite the protestations of his players and Levein’s plea for more time it was the Tartan Army that had the final say and they had enough of another under performing national team boss.
His successor should be decided soon although this is in no way certain under the steward ship of the SFA.
Strachan is favourite with all and sundry but I would choose Scotland’s greatest ever player, Kenny Dalglish
Gordon Strachan – 7/4
Alex McLeish – 8/1
Walter Smith – 10/1
Joe Jordan – 10/1
Owen Coyle – 12/1
Kenny Dalglish – 20/1
Harry Redknapp – 20/1
One thing is for sure: something must be done about Scottish football’s regulatory body as, as an organisation the SFA has been responsible for the near destruction of out national game.
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide
- Morning Mix: Jury still out on Southgate, Drury nails Ronaldo return
- Marseille impress in 2-0 win over Monaco
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 4: Preview & Predictions
- Morning Mix: Salah is living in fantasy land, Niguez signing boosts Chelsea’s title hopes
- Football Today: Games to Watch on September 4, 2021
- European Transfer Window’s Best XI: Messi, Ramos & more