I see that this week has been another busy one for Pompey, with Pompey drawing their last game of the season to Scunthorpe 1-1, A catastrophic mistake by Jamie Ashdown meant he would end the best season of his career on a downer. But a goal back by soon to be “former Portsmouth star” David Nugent earned Pompey a deserved point, a very poor performance by the Blues was overshadowed by yet another amazing blue army performance in the crowd. The silence of the Scunthorpe fans was noticed by Pompey so the “we are staying up chants” and “thats why you are going down” chants were pretty funny.
On to the news that Darryl Flahaven has been realised as Steve Cotterill belives Ashdown needs a more challenging opponent to fight for the number 1 shirt next season. well good luck having to find a keeper who’s better than Flahaven to come to Pompey as to be honest we rode our luck last August with Flahven. I can easily see Dave Kitson in goal for a month next season because Ashdown picks up a knock in trainning and we have no other keepers!
On to the other news of Danny Webber not being given a new contract, i dont know if its because of wages but if so then heres the solution- Nugent’s off and Webber isnt payed nearly as much= bye Nuge hello Webby!! he’s just as good if you ask me and i could see Webber with 15-16 goals next season.
Also this week Hermann Hreidersson says he wants to stay but Cotterill isnt sure, do me a favour! if its wages im sure Hermy will take a cut as hes almost at the end of his career, Mr Cotterill, give Hermann a new contract and the captaincy.
Also it looks like Greg Halford has indicated that he wants a permanant move to the south coast, BRILLIANT!!!!!!, finally some good news meaning somethings going to go wrong 🙁 i reckon he will come back on loan before going to a bigger club in the summer of 2012.
To conclude then its bye bye to Webber ,Flahaven ,Nugent ,De Laet, D.Cotterill, Sonko, Dickinson, Hogg. Thanks for a pretty decent 2010/11 campaign
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho
- MP calls for independent regulator for English football
- Manchester City willing to offer Raheem Sterling as part of deal for Harry Kane
- Emile Smith Rowe extends his stay at Arsenal by signing new contract
- Morning Mix: No excuses left for United next season, time to get tough with the racists
- Arsenal reach agreement with Brighton for Ben White
- Manchester City striker completes £11m move to Bundesliga club
- Atletico Madrid confirm signing of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese
- Euro 2020 Knockouts Review: Italy’s dramatic success, Switzerland’s battles & much m…
- Morning Mix: Baddiel & Skinner ban is ludicrous, England set for toughest test