The trophy Portugal are so desperate to get their hands on
You need to believe to achieve. Group B may be dubbed the group of death but Portugal have an advantage over the rest of the teams, a vital statistic that all but qualifies them into the next round of Euro 2012.
Ok well technically it will have no relevance on the outcome of the tournament at all but all football fans love to believe their team will do well, so this is the ammunition Portugal fans need to have faith in their side:
The Selecção, along with Hungary, are the only two teams in the competition who have never been eliminated at the group stages of the tournament.
Even more impressively Hungary have only been in two competitions whereas Portugal have been in five, that seems good form to me.
So forget about yesterday’s 1-0 defeat to Germany that isn’t relevant anymore, from now on Portugal are going to win their remaining group games and qualify for the knock-out stages of the competition, you heard it here first.
And even if they don’t it won’t do any harm to dream, so come on Portugal fans let’s all believe in the Selecção and perhaps some of that positive energy will find its way to the team.
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race