Redknapp is poised to make a Â£2million bid for Spurs reject Youness Kaboul. Pompey want Kaboul, 22, as cover for defensive duo Sol Campbell and Sylvain Distin. This comes as Pompey come to face their first ever UEFA Cup campaign. Redknapp requires a squad that can both compete well in League and Cup competition.
Tottenham paid Auxerre Â£8million for the French centre-back at the start of last season but Ramos is willing to accept a massive price reduction in order to reduce Spurs’ wage-bill.
If Kaboul were to sign for Pompey, he would be their second summer signing after the capture of Reading winger Glen Little, who signed last week on a free transfer.
- Morning Mix: Arsenal boss under pressure, Tuchel proves his worth
- The race for the top four: Will Leicester slip up again?
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five