Redknapp is poised to make a Â£2million bid for Spurs reject Youness Kaboul. Pompey want Kaboul, 22, as cover for defensive duo Sol Campbell and Sylvain Distin. This comes as Pompey come to face their first ever UEFA Cup campaign. Redknapp requires a squad that can both compete well in League and Cup competition.
Tottenham paid Auxerre Â£8million for the French centre-back at the start of last season but Ramos is willing to accept a massive price reduction in order to reduce Spurs’ wage-bill.
If Kaboul were to sign for Pompey, he would be their second summer signing after the capture of Reading winger Glen Little, who signed last week on a free transfer.
- Carabao Cup Predictions – Round 4
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified