Stoke’s young centre back Ryan Shotton has moved to League One play-off hopefuls Tranmere Rovers on a month long loan deal.
The nineteen year old spent last season on loan at Blue Square Premier side Altrincham, where he made 36 appearances, including a handful in the centre forward position, and scored five goals. He spent time on trial at Bounemouth earlier this summer, alongside fellow youngster Richie De Laet, but the duo both chose not to make a loan move tot he South coast.
From what I have seen of Ryan, he is a good, strong player and a decent prospect for the future. This is a good move for him, and playing at a higher level than he previously has should bring his game on a step.
Some reports have suggested that several other Stoke players are to soon be on there way out of the club, either on loan or permanently, with the most likely looking Anthony Pulis Jnr who should complete his move to Southampton before Monday’s deadline.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4