With football kits under more scrutiny than ever by leading experts I thought I’d show you the Spanish national kit for the Euros in Poland and Ukraine.
As you can see from the image above, the kit is of sleek design with the traditional colours of Red and Yellow. Created by Adidas they have used various cutting edge technologies to give the squad the best chance at the competition. The kit offers clima cool to keep the players cool on the pitch.
I do however dislike the number on the front of the shirt. I much prefer the number on the back of jersey along with the name of the player but this is purely personal taste. The golden stripes add a sophisticated look to the jersey and in contrast to other nations they may look the best dressed. Inside the collar Adidas have placed a reminder of the 1964 and 2008 victories at the Euros to spur the players on for another successful tournament.
The away jersey is contrasting to the home jersey and in my opinion it isn’t an attractive kit. The Sky Blue colours have never been used before by the Spain national side so it was a bold move by Adidas and I don’t feel it has paid off. The numbers this time are situated where the sponsor usually lies and the sponsor has been shifted to just below the neck. A darker blue sash effect fades its way across the front of the jersey and finishes by the hip-line. Here is Xabi Alonso modelling the away jersey for the tournament this summer:
No matter what kit the Spanish will be wearing this summer they are all set up to have an excellent campaign in a group which they will feel is manageable. They will mostly wear the red jersey as they face Republic of Ireland [Green], Italy [Blue] and may be forced to wear the away strip when they play Croatia [Red and Blue] but that is still to be confirmed by Uefa.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak