His impressive performances at Euro 2008 meant that Andrei Arshavin has been strongly linked with Europes elite, not least of all Arsenal and Barcelona. The playmaker made it clear that he dreamt of playing for Barcelona. But with the signing of Alexander Hleb, it seems that the Spanish outfit have exited the race for the Russian.
With the departure of Alexander Hleb; Arsenal seem to have a second striker void that needs to be filled, and Andrei Arshavin fits the bill perfectly. But Zenit St. Petersburg have confirmed that Tottenham are the ones that have stepped up their interest in the player. The Russian champions said Spurs have offered a fee of around Â£16 million, but Zenit say they would only sell for Â£21 million.
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach